Wednesday, August 7, 2019

The “we probably wouldn’t be dating right now if it wasn’t for my weight loss” realization

I’ve been at my current job since January of this year. When I started here, I was closest to the heaviest I’ve ever been. It was right after Christmas so I had that extra post holiday bloat, if you know what I’m sayin’. Anyways, as with most workplaces, a new job means a new building ID badge. Let’s just say, my chipmunk cheeks were doing their thing in that picture.

I started getting serious about my weight loss soon after I started my new job. By the beginning of May, I was down about 20 lbs. I’m a 5’2 female, so 20 lbs is fairly noticeable on my frame. Around this time is when my now BF started working at my company.

My BF and I started seeing each other in June. I had hinted one or two times that I had recently lost some weight, but never went into any detail about it. One day, he got in my car and picked up my work badge. His immediate reaction was “Oh my god.” I then shyly told him I had lost about 20 lbs since that picture was taken.

Fast forward to last night. I had just gotten back from a 2 week vacation filled with alcohol and food. I was complaining to my BF about how fat and gross I felt. He said “you’re not fat.. but in your work ID picture you were.” I didn’t fully process it in the moment, but later on I thought, WTF.

What if we had started at our company at the same time? Would he have even given me the time of day? My BF is a VERY sweet and nice guy, I don’t think he is shallow, and I get that everyone has their preferences.. but damn.. I don’t know how to feel about this one.

submitted by /u/throwawayyyy_789
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2M2DnLP

No comments:

Post a Comment