Thursday, November 4, 2021

+0.5 Kgs 1 month in, would just like some tips and motivation on where to go from here.

I want to start this off by saying I know 1 month is a very short time to start measure and feel demotivated in trying to lose weight.

I have lost weight before a few years ago (About 20kgs) but it was in high school and over the years and with the pandemic I managed to gain it all back and some more. Now when I lost weight previously it probably was an unhealthy way to do it and all which is why I probably gained it all back.

This time after getting motivated enough I thought I would try again. I started tracking calories, limiting myself to around 2100 per day but I hardly ever reached this amount by just eating 3 good and healthy meals a day. I stopped snacking in between meals. I started running 3km at least 3 times a week. I only drank water and coffee (with milk and 2 sugars) throughout the day and only ever had max 3 cups per day. I wasn't starving at any point and would only have 1 cheat day per week where I would maybe end off the day having eaten 2200, where on normal days I would have around 1200 left after tracking my exercise.I kept this up for the entire month of October and I started feeling good.

I decided I would weigh myself at the beginning/end of every month of this new journey I am taking. I weighed myself on morning the 1st of October and took my body measurements and was excited to do all of this. I then repeated this on the 1st of November at the same time of day, after having done the exact same things leading up to it all, just to make sure there was some consistency, and I had gained 0.5 Kgs according to the same scale I used initally and then confirmed on another scale in the house. I thought this isn't a big deal as long as there have been improvements to my body. Apart from getting slightly fitter and being able to run more before leg fatigue kicked in, there was almost none. I lost 1cm around my waist and every other part of my body measured exactly the same from the previous month.

After working so hard and being consistent and disciplined for the entire month, this was kind of disheartening. I made a rather drastic lifestyle change and am still trying to do my best to get healthier but not seeing any visible difference in myself kind of sucks. I just would like to know if anyone has had a similar situation with their weight loss or even if someone can give me some sort of advice for food, exercise, routines or anything. I am very happy to provide any more information.

submitted by /u/KyleIrvs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kq5rsj

No comments:

Post a Comment