Thursday, November 4, 2021

Target Weight for Tall People

I'm 44M, 6'5" and have been very successful on weight loss to this point (425 -> 282), but I'm having difficulty figuring out what my target weight should be. If I look at the BMI charts, it would be around 200. I picked 225 because I figured 200 would be much smaller than I would actually be able to go. But then I had a doctor's appointment that has me rethinking that.

I was there discussing gallbladder issues, and I mentioned that I had lost significant weight. He looked at my chart and said "you aren't really 280 are you?" and I confirmed my weight that morning at 283. And then he said "you really don't look it."

Now, that's great, except that it makes me wonder what my final target weight really should be. I know I have more to lose, but it certainly doesn't feel like I'll be able to get another 50+ pounds off. Right now my XL shirts fit about perfectly (some are loose) and I'm in a size 38 jeans that are starting to be a bit big. I'm hoping to be down into size 36 before Thanksgiving.

Are there any other big guys here who have had issues figuring out what weight they should be targeting? Any tips/tricks/resources that might help me?

submitted by /u/Inevitable_Algae4167
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3CXossY

No comments:

Post a Comment