Saturday, November 6, 2021

I lost my mom and don't know if I'll be able to stay on track

I (24F, 5'8", SW 231, CW 192) started my weight loss journey in mid-April and have lost 39 pounds so far. Thursday was the two month anniversary of my mom's death and I've really been struggling lately with everything. My mom knew about my weight loss efforts and was always there to celebrate my progress while also assuring me that I was beautiful at any weight.

The whole reason I'd gained so much weight in the first place is because I've always used food as a coping mechanism. I lost my appetite after my mom passed away and lost 11 pounds without even trying. But now my appetite is coming back and I'm scared that I'm going to turn back to food to fill up the emptiness.

Does anyone else have experience with trying to navigate weight loss while dealing with grief?

submitted by /u/CandidLigonberry
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3k8SIKo

No comments:

Post a Comment