Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Nine Months: 90lbs lost.

I did it. As of today, I have reached my goal.

Per my previous update at 3 months, and again at 6 months lets talk about some stuff.

Technically, it hasn't been 9 months but rather 36 weeks, since I've been tracking things in 12 week blocks. Today marks day 252 of my weight loss journey, the final day of week 12.

I've officially hit my goal weight of 220lbs. I actually weighed in at 218 this morning, but my average for the week is 220, and I do prefer using my weekly average for my current weight rather than any individual day.

So, how do changes change over time?

In the first 3 months, I lost on average 3lbs per week, and my TDEE was 3200.

In the second 3 months, I lost on average 2.5lbs per week, with an average TDEE of 2800

In the third 3 months, I've lost on average 2.1lbs per week, with an average TDEE of 2600

After losing 29% of my bodyweight, my TDEE has only gone down 19%.

So, where am I going from here? In the next 12 week block, I'll be working my way upto maintenance through reverse dieting. The plan is to increase calories upto 2000 per day for the first two weeks, and 100 calories every two weeks after that until I land at 2500 calories per day.

Why reverse diet for so long? Two specific reasons. The first is to prevent rebound. By maintaining a smaller deficit, I'll still be losing for a couple more weeks so when I do reach maintenance I shouldn't rebound too much above my goal weight. Due to metabolic adaption of being in a deficit for so long, it's likely my maintenance may actually be higher than the currently calculated 2600, so I may need to add more calories further down the line.

The second is a bit more of a practical thing. My diet has changed a lot over the last nine months, and I'm actually pretty comfortable with how much I eat currently. Adding calories over time will allow me practice in eating more without feeling like I'm force-feeding myself.

Beyond the next 3 months, I'm not really sure. I've been taking this whole thing 12 weeks at a time. The truth is, it's not something I'm really ready to think about just yet. I have a couple different possible options, but that's still a ways out. Depending how things change I may either make a run for Onderland next spring, or just stay the course. I'll decide when it gets a bit closer.

I would like to say thank you, to everyone in this community for making me feel so welcome, and for helping me stick through this. While I don't often express personal feelings on here, having a group of like-minded people going through the same shared experience has made it so much easier. So thank you for that.

submitted by /u/bertzie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31qXqfW

No comments:

Post a Comment