Tuesday, November 2, 2021

This is your reminder not to rely on just the scale and take measurements

Back in May of this year my doctor put me [27F/ 5’4] on weight loss medication because I was struggling to do it on my own. In 10 weeks I lost 20 pounds and by August I was down from 170 to about 146lbs. My weight has been pretty steady since then, only dropping down to 142 and then back up to 146 and bouncing around everywhere in between.

During this entire time I’ve been doing a mix of cardio and weight lifting (I’ve been doing this for 6 years total) and becoming increasingly frustrated that I’m not dropping any weight despite being in a daily deficit of 500-1000 calories. This morning it dawned on me I haven’t taken any measurements since July of this year so I figured it’s time. Turns out I’ve lost 3 inches total since July and am down to ~21% body fat.

You can see my measurements and progress here

I’ve lost 20 inches total since I’ve started my weight loss journey. (I know on the excel sheet it says 2018 but I’ve stayed roughly the same from 2018 to 2021 hence the 1st picture being from 2021.)

With that being said, TAKE THE DAMN MEASUREMENTS. Especially for those of you who are working out!! Even when you don’t see the scale move, at least you’ll know you’ve made some progress.

submitted by /u/rose_rising
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3GGF3nv

No comments:

Post a Comment