Saturday, January 7, 2023

If CICO is the ultimate truth in weight loss, shouldn't one be able mathematically calculate and predict weight loss within normal fluxuations?

I am a VERY analytic person, to an extreme (one of my weaknesses, tbh), and I am also very overweight (~100lbs). I am on board with counting calories, scheduled regular exercise, etc, but I feel I should be able to calculate my calories in and calories out from both exercise and just daily living activity and come up with an expected weight loss per amount of time. However, I know that sometimes the body doesn't work as predicted, losing more than you should one week, less the next week, etc. It's this fact that makes me feel my over-analytic brain well not accept a "failing" week and I'll give up trying. I've done it with other things I've attempted in my life (saving money, career path decisions, etc,) and I'm afraid I'll do the same with weight loss. Can someone give me some advice on how to tell myself that in this case, it's okay to accept the unexpected?

submitted by /u/chrispdx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/CImvYbK

No comments:

Post a Comment