Sunday, January 8, 2023

Reverse dieting, refrain from doing a lot of cardio, “95%” etc (Girl Fit Method Podcast)

I’ve been listening to the Girl Fit Method Podcast for a while and enjoyed it but some things came up that I find questionable. I’m not a fitness/weight loss expert, so I may be mistaken, but I’m interested to know what others think.

  1. The host referenced the “95% of diets fail”. I just am not a fan of this stat because it’s not proven. She didn’t use this to argue against weight loss but the fact that she quoted it irked me.

  2. Talk of “reverse-dieting” … maybe I just don’t understand it, but I feel sceptical about it. Does anyone have experience of trying this/can verify it actually works?

  3. In an episode she encouraged listeners to only use cardio to help weight loss in the later stages of weight loss. She said that it should only be used sparingly and in small amounts and that the majority should be resistance / weight training. I might be biased but in my experience cardio such as running and walking has been a staple in my weight loss and has helped me to lose and keep off more than 15kg. I agree strength training is important but I doubt it is the most effective way to burn calories.

I am anticipating that I may be wrong about some things but I’m really open to talk with anyone that is well versed in these topics. For the most part I do enjoy the podcast but more things begin to surface that seem iffy to me.

submitted by /u/uwupricklypear
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/DqX82W1

No comments:

Post a Comment