Wednesday, January 4, 2023

The one thing I do love about dieting is that weight loss is inevitable ..

If our weight is stable at some number, then it takes every single calorie we are eating to maintain our weight at that number. So .. even if you are 500lbs and eating 3 large pizza's a day, every one of those pizza's is required to maintain that weight of 500lbs.

If you only eat one large pizza, then over a period of time, you'll weigh what a person who eats one large pizza a day eats, it's inevitable.

Our bodies can't create calories out of thin air, we have to eat them.

And I find that comforting. That literally all we have to do is find a way to eat the amount of calories that would sustain us at our goal weight, and that's literally it.

When I quit smoking, that's the thought that helped me to quit smoking. That I might want a cigarette, that I might crave, or someone might try to entice me to smoke, or circumstances like being in a bar might make me want to smoke, or all these things ... but ultimately, I was able to quit because it was as simple as never putting a cigarette in my mouth and lighting it. I just couldn't do that one thing, and in the end, nothing else really mattered. As complicated as it seemed when I wanted to quit smoking, it was actually extremely simple. Don't lift a cigarette to your mouth and light it on fire. Easy.

All we have to do is just eat whatever calories are required to maintain us at our goal weight, and eventually that's what we would weigh. Because there's no other way that it could work out. We simply wouldn't be eating enough to maintain our current weight. Weight loss is inevitable.

submitted by /u/thenumber210
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/XAoapnH

No comments:

Post a Comment