Friday, June 21, 2019

Official 100+ pound total weight loss!

Before/after https://imgur.com/a/Dd843DG

Well I never thought I’d be able to ever say it. When I try picking up 100 pounds it blows my mind that I was carrying that much extra around with me at all times. I’m so glad that I’ve set a goal for myself and have almost completely achieved it, it’s a feeling I never thought I’d feel, and everything leading up to this has been totally worth it.

How did I do it?

Well to start I did the easiest thing I could think of, cut out fast/fried foods, soda, excessive sugar and too many carbs. Drinking water was never something I enjoyed until I began my weight loss, now I drink upwards of 3 litres every single day which has helped tremendously. I started eating lean proteins, healthy fats and a reasonable amount of carbs, cut down heavily on sugar and kept going from there. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy pizza and fast food from time to time but moderation is key.

The second thing I did is found a form of exercise I could enjoy that didn’t feel like a chore, that for me was riding my bicycle. I purchased a new bike and started going for 5k bike rides when I could, then 10k, 15k and even up to 30km as it got easier. I now bike to work and home aswell because anything helps. I started going to the gym and doing very basic routine workouts and cardio which I still continue to this day.

INTERMITTENT FASTING!!! I began IF and my results started getting crazy, I do the standard 16-8 ( eat all my calories in an 8 hour window) and haven’t looked back since, it is very difficult to begin doing this at first but if you can do this in a healthy way I highly recommend it.

Edit- how could I forget my fitness pal. I track absolutely everything I eat. EVERYTHING. It’s kind of a pain at first but once you do it so many times it just becomes part of your routine! I feel like this is key to kicking off your weight loss.

I hope this helps people who are starting their weight loss journey and I wouldn’t mind sharing my experience and helping anyone that might have any questions!

submitted by /u/Kingzley77
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ZAQM0k

No comments:

Post a Comment