Tuesday, July 23, 2019

I walked today, just because I wanted to

This may seem insignificant, but it's a huge victory to me, and I wanted to share it with r/loseit because this community has inspired me to start losing weight, and I'm beyond grateful for everyone in this community.

I started on my journey about a month and a half ago, starting at 310. I'm now down to 288, so I've lost a total of 22 pounds. I've been doing only strength training since the beginning, with plans to start cardio that I never seem to act upon. But today, that's changed.

After having gone to my gym, as I was walking back to my car, I decided instead to walk to a local park. Not for weight loss or any weight related reason - I just felt like walking. As far as I can remember in my life, that has NEVER happened.

Once I got to the park, I walked around the park entirely (a two and a half mile trail) twice, feeling amazing for the length of the walk. It doesn't feel like much, but to me, it's a massive step in the right direction. Thank you to all of you in the r/loseit community for continually giving me a source of inspiration to continue, and for letting me share my small victories with you all. I don't think I ever would have taken that walk without you.

submitted by /u/MagicPapa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LE2EMf

No comments:

Post a Comment