Monday, July 15, 2019

Long time lurker and first time poster, just needing to vent.

I’ve been morbidly obese for about as long as I can possibly remember. Last year around July was definitely the worst point of my obesity. At this time last year I weighed 340lbs, the heaviest I’ve ever weighed in my life. I had been bouncing in and out of the gym every few months or so, never thought about my diet (my diet was terrible). So I decided I didn’t want to live like that anymore and started eating better and portion sizing my food. Here we are 1 year later and I am now at 260lbs. I have some unrelated health issues at the moment but other than that I feel marginally better, great even. Usually an achievement like that would make me feel very proud as I have not seen the scale number that low since my Freshman year of high school, however all I have felt is that I’ve lost too much weight. All of my family is obese so I constantly get comments on how “you’re loosing weight too fast” or “are you okay you look sick. All I’ve done is a brief 2 months of intermittent fasting in combination of portion sizing my meals. My activity level is around the same, I did however cut out any drink that isn’t water. Any time my family sees me they remark on my weight loss being a bad thing and it’s done nothing but make the journey to the goal weight even more difficult. Last night I binge ate for the first time in 4 months and it was honestly one of the most defeating things I’ve knowingly allowed myself to do.

submitted by /u/gettin-the-succ
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JGOpmp

No comments:

Post a Comment