Saturday, August 3, 2019

The best worst day ever

Hey everyone i’ve never actually posted on this subreddit and i’m on mobile so i’ll try to make this short and sweet.

The purpose of this post is not to tell my story but to try and highlight this specific day

First a small background, I am a 25 year old male who is on an ongoing weight loss journey. All of high-school I was on the wrestling team and in the off season I would join any other sport I could get into, weighing in at about 180 pounds. Fast forward 7 years, a restaurant job, and a toxic relationship and I find myself at 272 pounds.

After dieting for two months with very few cheat meals, a good amount of exercise, and personal struggles with binge eating I find myself weighing in at 245 pounds.

The reason I titled this post “the best worst day ever” is because today was my sisters gender reveal. On top of finding out that I’m going to have a nephew, my sisters boyfriend also decided to propose. Now mixed in with all the good news and the excitement was a lot of food, and I think you know where this is going. Its like the excitement made me completely forget about my “new lifestyle” and I took full advantage of it. I ate pretty much everything I could get my hands on. Meatballs, cake pops, and everything in between, including alcohol.

I just want to say to everyone struggling with binge eating, including myself, that it isn’t the end of the world. This is just part of the journey, a small bump down the road that needs to be overcome. I plan on waking up tomorrow and continuing my “new lifestyle”. this is part of the learning process and I shouldn’t let the best day of my life so far be ruined by my old demons.

Good night and sorry for the long rant.

submitted by /u/naahchill
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Zv6474

No comments:

Post a Comment