Saturday, August 24, 2019

UPDATE! I've lost over 250lbs and am scheduled for skin removal surgery!

A different set of before and after photos

I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon in Atlanta this past Wednesday and am all set for skin removal surgery on October 2! I live in NYC, but having it done in Atlanta so my mom can take care of me post-operation

I am extremely excited to end this chapter of my journey and begin the next. My excess skin has been a great source of self-consciousness for me so I'm so happy to see it go.

I'm having three areas done: Abdomen, breasts, and arms. The surgeon said my excess skin could be an entire half a person alone and that I have almost "no fat" on me (I've had my body fat percentage tested in a hospital setting recently -- 23.5%) and that overall it'll only take two weeks to heal. The patient coordinator said she's never heard of anyone coming through the office with that amount of weight loss without the help of weight loss surgery.

The downside is no heavy lifting for a month, so hopefully I won't lose too many of my gains

If you'd like to see photos of my loose skin, here's my previous post about it

submitted by /u/heyzeusmaryandjoseph
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NtQHsw

No comments:

Post a Comment