Friday, April 2, 2021

How to figure out how to lose weight for the first time? I'm 29, I'm 5'0 and I want to go down to 120 from 149

I'm 5'0 and I weight 149 pounds according to my bathroom scale. I am female. This is the heaviest I've ever been. I've floated between the high 140s and the mid 130s for probably the last four years or so. Towards the end of college when I was a huge couch potato I weightd in the uppers 20s. I weighed 120 and under in early college. It's gotten to the point now where a lot of my clothes from last year don't fit and I've decided I want to lose weight.

Realistically, I've never been one super big on exercise and my long commute (50 mins each way 3x times a week) and 2x a week of overnight travel makes regular strenuous exercise very difficult. Also factor in that I have asthma and a lot of outside allergens like pollen and weeds. So I'd like to do light exercise on my lunch breaks (30 mins of walking) and the days I'm home (4-5x a week) I want to do high paced walking on our treadmill (walking at 3 miles an hour for 30 to 40 mins). So 2.5 hours of light walking a week and 2-3 hours of fast paced walking.

I'm 149 right now and I want to get down to 120. I live in the northeast of the US and so we get a lot of variety in the seasons. Winter is very depressing for me so I think the nice weather will be a big motivator for me to get outisde and exercise more. So I want to do a quicker weight loss plan that takes adventage of the nice weather. I'd like to at least be in the mid-20s by early August. Based on a lot of calculators I think I should aim to eat 1200 calories a day. I keep getting so many different answers though on the time since a lot of them don't define what "light exercise" vs "moderate exercise is". I'm more focused on counting my calories but my boyfriend who lost a lot of weight recently thinks I need to be more focused on exercise. I like walking/jogging and trying to make myself do to much more I don't think I would stick to it. So is my plan realisitic here? Is my boyfriend's approach better or mine? He's more into muscle buidling stuff lately so I don't think what works for a man will always work for a woman. I'm completely clueless about weight loss and could use some advice.

Also any recommednations for 1200 calorie a day books or meal prep would be great. I'm planning to cook and meal prep all my own meals for the next 4 or 5 months.

submitted by /u/candyforeveryone123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39BVhPJ

No comments:

Post a Comment