Friday, April 2, 2021

Week 2: Damn you DST!

Hey everyone! o//

It's time for another reflection Friday! Week two is behind me and boy, was it hell. Let's get the numbers out of the way and dive deeper in this week and why I really disliked DST.

Starting Weight Week 1: 114.6kg (252.6lbs)
Current Weight: 114.6kg (252.6lbs)
Body Fat %: 55.9%
Muscle Mass %: 15.8%

When I stepped on the scale this morning, I'll be honest, I got a bit discouraged. Same weight as last week, and my body fat percentage increased. I did look at the muscle mass percentage, but thought that it had stayed the same. That was, until I started writing this post and looking at my previous post to see what I wrote last week. Hold up a second there... 0.5% Muscle Mass increase?!?! I'm gobsmacked, honestly, and also very excited! That explains why I've stayed at the same weight! Things only can get better from here on out, right?

So, how did last week go? Well, not too bad in hindsight! During the weekend, I visited family and threw the intermittent fasting windows out the... door. I didn't want to restrict myself too much in the presence of family as we had some things to celebrate. Instead, I figured that I tried being mindful of what I was stuffing my face with. So, instead of drinking all night (you know, like 8 drinks or so), I managed to have a modest two drinks. Also, I tried not to overeat, yet still enjoy the delicious food. I'd like to believe I did a good job.

The start of DST did throw me quite a curve ball. Hell, for a couple days, I felt like I was on my period with all the mood swings that come with that. I tried my workout on Monday, but failed miserably; got nauseous and dizzy to the point that I deemed it unsafe to continue. I also couldn't keep myself to the intermittent fasting window that day. I'll admit, I really thought the week was over, it was just crap and all those kind of thoughts. However, the next day, my brain figured:

"C'mon Sh4d0wPh03n1x. It isn't the end of the world now. You had one day where you slipped up, that won't determine the faith of humanity or your weight loss. Buckle up, and go for that 30 minute walk tonight!"

I don't know when my brain got this positive, but hey, I'll take it! I went for my 30 minute walk that evening and even though the first 5 minutes were really hard (because I really didn't want to go), I managed to walk my 30 minute round in 25 minutes. The fastest I've ever done it! My shins were burning like hell, but that's nothing. The next day, I went for a long walk with my best friend. We walked 1.5 hours, and we had a little pit stop to get ice cream for me and a milkshake for him. My shins were still burning like hell, but again that's nothing.

Honestly, I'm proud that I picked myself back up again after one bad day. 2 or 3 years ago, I wouldn't have been able to do that (that's why I'm still fat, lol xD), so I've definitely grown. Onto the next week, where food will be an even bigger issue because of Easter festivities, but I'll manage. Hopefully I can dip under the 114kg next Friday!

submitted by /u/Sh4d0wPh03n1x
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cFr3xc

No comments:

Post a Comment