Thursday, April 1, 2021

I did 32 pull-ups in a row to symbolize my weight loss and age

When I was in my early 20's I had a really hard time for reasons I will not bother anyone with. But I became really depressed and obese as a consequence. Later on when I began figuring myself out, the first thing I did was to start calisthenics. I couldn't do a single pull-up then.

My life is very different and I'm a whole different person now that I'm 31. And to symbolize this personal transformation over a decade, I decided to train specifically to 30+ pull-ups in a row.

I'm not an advanced calisthenics athlete. I basically did this 3 things:

  1. I trained explosively for higher reps;
  2. I did as much as I possibly could to save energy in between each repetition such as not pausing and kipping the wrists; and
  3. I trained weighted and isometric pull-ups to build strength.

I don't mean to spam, but if anyone is interested, I documented how I did this little journey in video here. Let me know if I can help anybody out with sources and/or tips ;)

submitted by /u/NSJack
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fwrTyb

No comments:

Post a Comment