Thursday, December 8, 2022

Feeling discouraged :(

Hey Reddit. Really need some support and encouragement now.

Last year I made great progress in weight loss and lost 7lbs (from 140 to 132lbs, I’m 5’2, 34F). Then this year shit hit the fan. My rheumatoid arthritis flared up terribly. I was prescribed with SSRI for anxiety and prednisone for the flare up.

With limited mobility due to joint inflammation, corticosteroid, and SSRI… I gained all weight back and now I was back to 140lbs again in October.

Since then finally my flare up has subsided, and have tapered off prednisone since early October. And been off of SSRI since May.

Now I’m back into working out 3x a week with a personal trainer, and maintaining about 1300 calories a day (some bad days 1500 calories but I try my best to be consistent with diet). Now I’m cutting down to 1250 cal a day and counting macros.

Since October 25, I’ve only lost 2 lbs. I don’t really notice that much of a difference either.

I am feeling really discouraged because I feel I took 2 steps forward and now 5 steps back, and it seems like no matter what I do, the fat loss just isn’t happening. I know some of you will say I need to eat less, work out more, do more. I really feel the past 6 weeks I’ve given all that I could - not drinking alcohol, and no eating out with friends (which is not fun), and it seems to go nowhere.

Any encouragement or advice would be really helpful. Thanks

submitted by /u/sia_the_cat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/gI6RNvs

No comments:

Post a Comment