Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Had an eye opening suit fitting yesterday. This CICO thing is the real deal.

A great friend of mine is getting married at the end of August. I went in for an initial suit fitting for the wedding a few months ago.

My measurements were the same as always. 46R jacket, ~34 inch arm length, 17.5 inch neck. I explained that I'm on a weight loss journey and expect to lose about 1.5 pounds a week through the entire year. I'm sure they hear this all the time and there's not much they can do except take my measurements and then tailor the suit accordingly.

Well, the suit came in and I went to the shop to try it on yesterday. I noticed immediately that the undershirt was super lose on me. "WOO!" I thought to myself. I put the rest of the suit on and went out to face myself in the endless mirrors...

The tailor starting looking me over, trying to pull the jacket tight, and looked a bit puzzled. I immediately offered an apology and explained that I had lost quite a bit of weight since the last time I was in. Reassuring him that the suit was likely measured correctly months ago.

He congratulated me on the loss and said this suit simply won't work for me anymore. WHAT?!?!?!?!?! They are ordering me a smaller suit and said they'll do a rush job closer to the wedding to avoid further weight loss fitment issues. He said my neck has lost more than an inch alone. I can't comprehend that I've lost more than inch around my neck.

At some point in 2018 I had given up and said I would never be able to lose weight. The problem, however, is that I didn't have weight loss explained to me in the simple manner that is CICO. I credit almost everything I've learned to this sub and I can't believe how real CICO is.

TL;DR - My new suit straight up didn't fit me when I picked it up. CICO works!!!

submitted by /u/i_ShotFirst
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JMjGpm

No comments:

Post a Comment