Tuesday, July 2, 2019

My worst nightmare

So I guess I need support. I'm trapped and there's nothing else I feel like I can do.

My niece has moved in with my husband and I and though I love her to death, she is a morbidly obese teenager with PCOS and I have been struggling (but succeeding) with my weight loss. I also see how much my husband was an enabler for so long.

She'll be with us for 5 weeks and already almost all the house rules have been broken: Junk food. Juice. Dinner right before bed. And my husband just buys them for her because she has no money and he says "she's on vacation".

I understand that I cannot control everything she eats. She's 16 and I'm not her mom. I work nights so by the time I get up, it's too late. I woke up today to her making an entire box of mac & cheese AND an entire bag of pizza rolls. Both of which were not in my house when I went to bed 8 hours prior which means my husband bought them for her because "she's hungry". Never mind that we have food in the house. It's just "not what she wants". We specifically took her to the store Sunday to get her sandwich makings and other simple groceries (she said she eats this all the time). Before I went to bed she asked about dinner. I told her that you have your sandwich makings, there's oatmeal, you have your leftover orange chicken (our first day, post 5k walk splurge), you have cereal, eggs, etc. You have plenty of food to choose from. I woke up last night to her eating an entire small pepperoni pizza she ordered with the $20 allowance we gave her for the entire week. Basically he's spoiling her and not saying no.

I just don't know how to proceed. Husband and I have NO privacy to discuss things. She doesn't go out on her own. I honestly have no idea where to go from here. And I'm only on day 3. I know I should give it some time but I feel like she'll wear me down before I wear her down. In 2 weeks I have vacation time so it will be easier since we will have the same schedule. But until then, I am at a loss.

submitted by /u/Erlenmeyerfae
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XgdHMZ

No comments:

Post a Comment