Tuesday, May 3, 2022

A little makes a lot

If you're anything like me, you might be lurking this sub searching for inspiration to lose weight.

Because of my own weight loss experience I wanted to share what I believe to be the biggest mindset shift that allowed things to "click" for me -

I had crippling analysis paralysis - constantly trying to figure out the "best" plan or regime before embarking on my journey. I felt I had to be 100% in or not at all, and of course often chose to do nothing at all.

During the lockdown my wife and I just decided to spend a ton of time hiking and adventuring and I think this is where it started. It was after I spent even 20 minutes outside doing something physical that it started to compound into other areas of my life. Gradually we started to increase our distance and elevation but it wasn't for a while (I was nearing 300Lbs at the time)

I wanted to eat better afterwards, had better sleep, had a ton of energy and my binge drinking nulled.

For the lurkers - just start with 20. Action leads to motivation, not the reverse.

submitted by /u/HabsCollins1122
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vjRQn8A

No comments:

Post a Comment