Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Down 135lbs and now 1 week post-op male tummy tuck + lipo! 🎉🥳🙏🏻🥰

Hi guys! Last Tuesday I had a lipoabdominoplasty done as well as stitching of my abdominal muscles due to a diastasis recti that occurred from years of weight gain (I had no idea my abs had separated! Crazy to find this out afterwards)

Anyways today marks one week post operation and I am really happy with the results so far. I had no idea how serious of a surgery this was and how intense the early recovery process can be. My first two days at home were very difficult. I found it really hard to get comfortable and the amount of pressure on my abdomen from the girdle + the drain bulbs and learning to change out gauze on the tube insertion/ belly button sites was challenging. I had my bulb removed yesterday and had a true shower and it felt amazing.

I started with the manual lymphatic draining massages and have had 3 now and I cannot recommend these enough. They are really helping with the swelling and bruising (lipo left some nasty bruises! 😨)

I’m really learning the importance of rest and taking it easy. It’s been really difficult as I’m extremely active. The week leading up to surgery I ran 50 miles and so to go from super active and always on the go to full-stop was hard. I’m learning to appreciate the process though and rest. My body truly needs the downtime and recovery.

Anyways - here’s day 2 and day 7. Can’t wait to see what I look like in another month! Hopefully by then I can do some light jogging. I am so glad after losing 135lbs and keeping the weight off for almost 8 years now, that I finally did this for me and my future. Is it hot girl summer yet because I am so ready to rock the speedo in a few months.. and show off my new body. Ayeeeee 🎉🥳🥰

I posted this because I don’t see a whole lot of male tummy tucks happening and so I wanted to create a discussion that allows the men here to feel open to the procedure. I want this to be a safe space where everyone can feel comfortable..

A few answers off the bat:

  • I had mine done with the weight loss team PV.

  • I traveled to Puerto Vallarta (my favorite getaway spot) and had the surgery done at the CMQ Premiere hospital on April 26

  • The process went so smoothly and My nurses were outstanding. They went above and beyond to make the whole experience as painless and comfortable as possible

  • Do not be afraid to travel internationally. The doctors here are just as good as in the US and we all know cost is a factor in this decision. I saved $10K by coming here to have the surgery done.

I’ll leave this open for anyone who has questions or wants to know more about the process or if you want more of a backstory on who I am and why I decided to do this.

Besos y abrazos! 💕

Cory

submitted by /u/warriordude07
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3EaxzOi

No comments:

Post a Comment