Thursday, July 18, 2019

31 lbs weight loss in 7 months + Healthy Cholesterol Results by month 4

7 months ago I got my cholesterol tested and it was pretty high. With history of heart disease in my family, I was pretty concerned and so were my doctors. I had few months to get myself in order before they were going to put me on meds.

I got serious. I started calorie counting (thanks to one of the top posts ever on this Subreddit) using the LoseIt app and cut out foods that were known to contribute to high cholesterol, such as red meat, dairy and unfiltered coffee. I exercised, some months more and some months less, but consistently throughout. In LoseIt you get to log in calories burned during exercise, which means you can eat more, so I was properly motivated.

I dropped 10 lbs in the first two month. By month four I cleared 200lbs for the first time since I got out of the military. I also got ALL MY CHOLESTEROL LEVELS TO HEALTHY RANGE. Yesterday, at the last day of my seven month initial goal, I weighted in at 187 lbs. Two pounds over my goal of 185 lbs, but one pound under 188lbs, which is an upper bound of healthy range for somebody my height. I went from 218 lbs to 187 lbs, with total weight loss of 31 lbs.

I wanted to help spread the word and may be encourage others. In the world where so many people are struggling with weight management, and with all the noise around it, the solution (mobile phone and apps like LoseIt) is literally just sitting in our pocket. It costed me nothing. I didn’t need fancy diets or doctor supervision. I ate normal/mostly healthy foods, and it worked. The key was to log my food intake and not go over my calorie budget. It required some will power(first month was tough), but I quickly got used to the lifestyle. Because I set a reasonable weight loss target of 1.5 lbs per week, it almost felt like I ate normal. It just took a bit longer to see the results, but it also empowered me to stick with it for 7 months.

The math is simple, but it works!

Before/after photos and test results can be found here: https://www.krasfit.com/

submitted by /u/akrash14
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Gl5gtY

No comments:

Post a Comment