Friday, July 12, 2019

Anyone feel like they subconsciously opt for processed foods because it's easier to track?

I've been doing CICO for around 2 months now and am super happy with my progress. That being said, I'm now trying to eat better overall (I know it's not necessary just for weight loss). That being said, I think my commitment to MFP and tracking is sort of influencing me to go with the easier option and eat something out of my freezer.

Let's say I'm about to go home from work and need to figure out dinner. I could stop at a fast food restaurant like Chipotle where I have my exact meal logged in MFP already, know the calorie breakdown, the macros, how much sodium it has, and literally everything I could possibly want to know, eat some frozen pre-made meal from my freezer (which has all the same benefits of the Chipotle), or I could cook. Even if I have a super simple home made meal (ie a stir fry or something), I just feel like logging everything is a nuisance enough that it deters me from doing it.

Making a stir fry is super easy and I have no problem doing it, but instead of just tossing in a little oil, throwing in whatever veggies/meat I have, and pouring in sauce until it tastes good, I now have to weigh everything and I think I honestly enjoy the cooking process less.

I've also found this attitude with restaurants too. I'd rather eat at a fast food place that posts all their calorie information rather than some local family owned place that has better food and is almost certainly healthier because trying to log a restaurant meal can be pretty tough if they don't post anything.

Does anyone have any advice for how to overcome this mindset of trying to find the easy way out of tracking but eating things that are easier to log?

submitted by /u/dougie_99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LWaDDs

No comments:

Post a Comment