Thursday, July 11, 2019

Drinking & Weight Loss

So back when I started this journey for being healthier - in January - from around January 12-Feb 12, I did a 'dry January'. I just wanted to kick start my weight loss and not have the water weight from alcohol holding me back by the wrists. I had SO much to lose than (HW: 260.5). I lost ~10 pounds in that 30 days. I lost another 9 Feb-March. My total loss for January (starting off really slow until the 12th) was 7.7, then 9.4 in Feb and March. I figured, I had so much more weight to lose then, that's what the slow down was for 6.7 in April and 7.7 in May & June.

It wasn't until the end of June that I realized for almost the entirety of June - I bounced between 218 and 214. With almost 2 full weeks 214-215. I never drank A TON and I always logged my drinks - so I was still maintaining at least a 750 kcal/deficit on the 1-2 max days a week I drank (3 drinks or 6-7 lite beers).

On June 27 (the day after my anniversary), I decided to do another dry 30 days and see what happened now that I have significantly less body fat than the last time I did this. I weighed 214.6 on June 27, 2 weeks later (today) - I weigh 206.2. 8.4 pounds in 2 weeks. Now if I actually lost the weight for all of June at 2 pounds a week (the deficit I use) - I'd be 206 on Saturday coming up. Meaning, by the time the water weight was about to slide off from drinking the weekend before, I was drinking again and not letting it show. I saw under 210 on the scale for the first time last Friday and I'm on track to see 205 really soon.

This may not be true for everyone, obviously, everyone is different. Maybe my body is absolutely crap at drinking - which could very well be my problem. My drinking was hiding all of my weight loss. Instead of actually showing the 2lbs/week I was losing - I was staring at the same numbers for the entire month. I do drink ~110-130oz water a day (less, when I'm drinking). Moral of my story, if you drink (even if you log it) and you're stuck - try a dry 30 - see if you can see what you've been wanting to see on the scale.

I can tell you that I am absolutely over it - I felt so crappy in June by being 'stuck' - that I'll trade off drinking for seeing my results. I think this dry 30 is the path to just having occasional drinks or drinks on vacation - rather than most Friday/Saturdays - logged or not.

I hope this helps someone!

submitted by /u/laurenrenee01
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LMoBrD

No comments:

Post a Comment