Thursday, July 11, 2019

Drinking & Weight Loss

So back when I started this journey for being healthier - in January - from around January 12-Feb 12, I did a 'dry January'. I just wanted to kick start my weight loss and not have the water weight from alcohol holding me back by the wrists. I had SO much to lose than (HW: 260.5). I lost ~10 pounds in that 30 days. I lost another 9 Feb-March. My total loss for January (starting off really slow until the 12th) was 7.7, then 9.4 in Feb and March. I figured, I had so much more weight to lose then, that's what the slow down was for 6.7 in April and 7.7 in May & June.

It wasn't until the end of June that I realized for almost the entirety of June - I bounced between 218 and 214. With almost 2 full weeks 214-215. I never drank A TON and I always logged my drinks - so I was still maintaining at least a 750 kcal/deficit on the 1-2 max days a week I drank (3 drinks or 6-7 lite beers).

On June 27 (the day after my anniversary), I decided to do another dry 30 days and see what happened now that I have significantly less body fat than the last time I did this. I weighed 214.6 on June 27, 2 weeks later (today) - I weigh 206.2. 8.4 pounds in 2 weeks. Now if I actually lost the weight for all of June at 2 pounds a week (the deficit I use) - I'd be 206 on Saturday coming up. Meaning, by the time the water weight was about to slide off from drinking the weekend before, I was drinking again and not letting it show. I saw under 210 on the scale for the first time last Friday and I'm on track to see 205 really soon.

​

This may not be true for everyone, obviously, everyone is different. Maybe my body is absolutely crap at drinking - which could very well be my problem. My drinking was hiding all of my weight loss. Instead of actually showing the 2lbs/week I was losing - I was staring at the same numbers for the entire month. I do drink ~110-130oz water a day (less, when I'm drinking). Moral of my story, if you drink (even if you log it) and you're stuck - try a dry 30 - see if you can see what you've been wanting to see on the scale.

I can tell you that I am absolutely over it - I felt so crappy in June by being 'stuck' - that I'll trade off drinking for seeing my results. I think this dry 30 is the path to just having occasional drinks or drinks on vacation - rather than most Friday/Saturdays - logged or not.

I hope this helps someone!

submitted by /u/laurenrenee01
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LMoBrD

No comments:

Post a Comment