Friday, August 9, 2019

Frustrated, looking for advice

I had a baby about 5 months ago and gained a lot of weight in my pregnancy. A lot came off right away, but now I’m left with about 30 lbs to lose that are much harder.

I started working with a personal trainer twice a week for circuit training, and following the diet the trainer gave me. I went from basically sedentary to working out 5x per week for an hour. I was very surprised at how much food the trainer had me eating, but while it’s a large quantity, the overall amount of calories is fairly low. E.g breakfast is 1/2c oatmeal 1/2c egg whites, and three meals of about 4oz lean protein and 1cup green veggies, and snacks of cucumbers and tomatoes. I am supposed to have one cheat day per week and a gallon of water per day.

So far, I have been working out for two weeks and on the meal plan for a little over one week. Before everyone comments and tells me to wait longer and be patient, hear me out: I have lost nothing, not even the immediate water weight drop that I have always seen on every other diet I have attempted. My ideas of weight loss my whole life has been calorie restriction and fasting, so this time around I decided to do this is a more healthy, sustainable way.

I just don’t understand how I could have lost nothing so far. Or how I am supposed to be eating so much to lose weight. These may be dumb questions, but this is uncharted territory for me and I’m worried I will continue to not see any real weight loss.

submitted by /u/zzyzx9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MPlD6c

No comments:

Post a Comment