Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Body dysmorphia is weird...

24M, 168cm, gone from 187lbs (85kg) to 137lbs (62kg) as of today. This puts me at well into a healthy weight with a BMI of 21.9, perfectly average for someone my size.

So why is it when I look in the mirror all I can see is the 'spare tyre' around my belly? It's like some kind of fixation that I have and I won't be happy untill it's just completely gone, and it's the only thing I'm really self conscious of now in terms of body image.

At the same time I have friends and relatives saying that they don't see any fat there at all, it makes me wonder if it's just all in my head? But how can it be if I can still actively pinch it like I've always been able to? Is it maybe that there's a little bit of fat there and my brain is just amplifying my perception of it?

This is not a question of me being confused about my overall weight loss, because I can clearly tell and see I have lost a lot of weight and gained a lot of muscle since I started my journey and feel a lot better because of it. This is more of an aesthetic body image thing as I'm starting to conclude and transition to maintainance, how long is it gunna take for this tiny bit of fat to go, or is it just in my head and it's not even there at all? How do I know if what I'm experiencing is body dysmorphia or if it's actually real? I already hit the goal weight where I thought I would be happy with how my body looked (I.E fully flat stomach) but I'm still not content with my weight loss yet.

Wondering if anyone else has been through this or is experiencing it right now?

submitted by /u/Grand-Plus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ERLKsTt

No comments:

Post a Comment