Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Before I started my weight loss journey 3 months ago, I never really knew what people meant by "plateau."

I've been doing a combination of One-Meal-A-Day, CICO, and what I call cheato-keto. After a scary bout with high blood pressure I finally succumbed and decided it was time.

As with most low-carb diets, I lost water weight pretty fast. I was really encouraged by this when I lost 10 pounds in one week. The though that I, the guy who once ate a glass of ranch chip dip that with his hands in a bout of depression fueled binging, could actually lose weight blew my freakin' mind.

This continued for a couple of weeks more where every wednesday I would log my weight. I had been losing pretty steadily about 4-5 pounds a week. Until one week the scale only moved by about a pound. I was pretty annoyed and entertained ideas of quitting. Putting all that effort into this just to lose one lousy pound!?! But I kept with it, ate a little lighter that day, and went back to my usual weight loss routine. The next week I lost 7 pounds.

Anyway, in reference to the title, I've been logging my weight into MFP anyway amazed to actually see this sort of step line graph appear. There would be times when my weight loss wouldn't go down nearly all that much, but it would always pick up again. And that's pretty encouraging. I know now that if I have a bad day, it's not the end of the world. That it doesn't suddenly undo months of hard work. I'm a lot happier now for it.

Here is the line graph if anyone wants to see what my weight loss looks like. I'm finally over 50lbs lost and no longer diabetic!

submitted by /u/Atear
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KVcybS

No comments:

Post a Comment