Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Don’t wait until your goal weight to buy clothes that fit you well!

Like many people on this sub, I have struggled with my weight my entire life. One reason I rarely shopped for clothes (besides hating how I looked in clothes that all seemed to be made for people with much slimmer figures) was that I was constantly waiting until I was the “right size”. I would always say to myself - well you are trying to lose weight, you’ll be smaller soon and these new clothes will fall off of you. Of course that never happened. This led me to dressing in either old clothes that were too small for me, gifts from others that didn’t quite fit me right/weren’t my taste, or clothes that were worn out and didn’t look good anymore.

This was an added layer of insecurity to my poor self image. I finally decided that although I will continue to strive for a healthier version of myself, I was not going to wait for some magical number to dress well. I learned to dress for my figure and bought some clothes that were flattering and in my style. Let me just tell you how liberating and motivating this was. My new effort to improve how I present myself made me so much more confident. I had the same body, but now I took more pride in how I treated it. The confidence and motivation drove me to renew my weight loss efforts and I have lost weight steadily over the last couple of months. Fashion can be a really therapeutic outlet, don’t feel limited by your current body but rather love yourself and your body enough to dress however you want while continuing to make healthier lifestyle choices.

submitted by /u/wavey8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3262Dpj

No comments:

Post a Comment