Saturday, July 20, 2019

How can I talk to other overweight people about losing weight ?

Hey guys ! First time poster here. Found this subreddit through Youtube and have been massively inspired for my own weight loss (started at 169 lbs, currently at 159, should be at about 130 by mid September ! I've slipped up a few times which is why I'm not as far as I should be but I've gotten a lot better at tracking and estimating so I have faith that it's only uphill from here.)

I am overweight currently because of the eating habits of my family. My dad is always good about eating properly and working out (lost his own dad to a heart attack when he was very young), but my mom isn't good at saying no to things and pushing through to see the end (which is what I inherited unfortunately). My mom is currently very obese and I'm worried about her. I don't think I could remember when she was at a normal weight, but she isn't actively doing anything to change it. My dad and I are doing our best to push her in the right direction (we got her on board to do a month-long clean eating program, my dad even tried bribing her, etc.) but it seems every day I'm finding fast food bags in her car or she's bringing candy home. I know you can't get someone to lose weight unless they're ready, but I want to try and get her there.

I love my mom. I really want to be closer to her, but I'm not very good at coming to her with my personal issues (typical plight of a teenager, I know). I get teary-eyed at the thought of losing her early but it seems that licorice and FaceBook are taking priority at this point. I've tried asking her about her progress in the past but she just gives a few-word answer and changes the subject. How can I bring up my worries to her without upsetting her ?

submitted by /u/cody_flight
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xX0L4i

No comments:

Post a Comment