Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Let me sing you the praises of Intermittent Fasting!

24F 5'3" SW: 167lb CW: 139lb GW: 120lb

I've been overweight my entire life. The only weight loss tools I've had (fleeting) success with are CICO and My fitness pal. I always grew tired of tracking everything and felt constantly deprived. With IF I've broken my endless food addiction. I only eat when I'm truly hungry, and I eat for my day. Food is fuel, if I'm going to veg out on the couch I will eat less than if I'm going to work all day.

I eased in to IF by cutting out dinner. As my work schedule exceeded typical dinner time, I started having my last meal around 4/5pm. The first two weeks were difficult and uncomfortable. I would wake up in the morning on a very empty stomach and feel ill if I drank liquids too fast. I have not had any issues with this since.

My greatest motivator to continue was watching the scale. I have been consistently losing 1.5lbs a week since March of this year. I've lost 28lbs and I feel great! I went to my family's big Clambake and was able to control myself! Overeating has become physically uncomfortable, and my relationship with food has never been better. I felt like weight loss was this insurmountable problem I should just accept, and now I feel like anything is possible!

Thank you for reading, and thank you all for all of your helpful posts. Happy losing and good luck!

submitted by /u/gomentall
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2lK3fQL

No comments:

Post a Comment