Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Limiting Alcohol During Social Settings

Hello! I (22f, 5'5", sw: 165, cw: 158, gw: 145) recently graduated college and am in the middle of trying to loose a bit of weight from an overly celebratory senior year. Getting into full-time work, I am new to the world of post-9-5 happy hours and gatherings, 99% of which revolve around alcohol and appetizers. I can control myself around the chicken wings or nachos floating around, but I don't know what to do when the older colleagues I'm trying to impress are all holding beer/wine, even though I don't need the extra 200 cals. (A similar sticky situation emerges if a guy asks me out and suggests going to a bar for the first date.) I don't exactly want to say "I'm counting calories" when someone asks me about the ice water in my hand.

What have you all done to avoid looking out of place on these Friday night affairs? Should I nurse one drink all night, stay firm with nothing? I want to find some happy medium between weight loss and not looking odd in front of new peers.

submitted by /u/justhere513
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XMQsP1

No comments:

Post a Comment