Friday, July 19, 2019

My Fitness Pal versus RP Diet App

Hello All! Would appreciate some feedback & guidance.

25 y.o./ 235 lbs/ 5'6" F

Some history for y'all to understand my frustrations: July 2018- 248 lbs Oct 2018- 225 lbs Jan 2019- 233 lbs July 2019- 235 lbs

I lost 20 lbs once and I know I can do it again to get to my goal of 199. I just need to focus on diet and nutrition since being active and working out is absolutely enjoyable for me and I'm as active as possible. But I know I can't outrun my calories.

I know tracking my food/ nutrition is a huge element of my weight loss/ body recomp. I am familiar with tracking and I've been using My Fitness Pal for over a year. I have a good scale, I can edit everything in the app. It even allows me to track restaurant food and is a solid resource to choose better quality meals while I'm out.

Instagram and a lot of athletes I know personally are heavily recommending the RP Strength Diet templates or the other product, the RP Diet App. It calculates your ideal macros for fat loss and gives you a selection of foods to choose from. After that, you select the foods and it tells you the portions/ weights for each food item to hit those macros perfectly. Takes a lot of guessing out of the equation, which is cool. It even generates a shopping list.

So it's all macro based, but it doesn't let me add in anything not in the app already (like snacks I eat here and there, or restaurant food.) It doesn't show calories at all, so I don't know if I'm in a caloric deficit. It has me eating 4 meals a day, with 45g to 55g of protein PER MEAL. 200g of protein is a FUCK TON and I struggle as it is to get my usual 100g+ per day. 😭

I have 2 weeks of a free trial with the app before it charges me the $15/month. I'm cool with paying for the service, but my question is really: what do I go with?

Can the RP Diet app really be the key if it hides the calories from me, has me eating 2x my usual protein allotment and is limiting what I can eat so drastically that I can't actually log everything I eat?

I'm leaning toward MFP, and just booting the RP Diet App, but I didn't know if anyone else had luck with it or if I'm just not seeing something crucial.

Thanks for all of your guidance and feedback!

submitted by /u/call-of-the-ravyn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xVxtmP

No comments:

Post a Comment