Friday, August 9, 2019

2 Weeks of no scale movement - should I ignore the scale for the time being?

M/31/6'2" SW: 220 GW: 190.

About a year an a half ago I lost 40ish lbs on CICO. I never hit my goal weight, but stayed at a comfy 205 until last winter. Since then, I've crept slowly up to 215-220 range.

I started logging calories again 2 weeks ago with my goal around 1750 a day which is my 1.5 lbs a week weight loss. I do train for Triathlons and so I also burn about 800-1200 in swimming, biking and running a day (as counted by heart rate monitor vs just what a machine might say). With that, I'm probably retaining a lot of water in my muscles.

I know there's no way in hell, I can hit my daily intake goal, also burn 1k calories and NOT lose weight. But, here I am. Yes, I do weigh all my food and since my last time on CICO, have become a vegetarian and in particular am avoiding processed food.

My initial thought is to take some photos and measurements and see how that changes in the coming weeks. Instead of logging weight daily, log 1x a week. Anything else?

submitted by /u/sphynx8888
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yPZkVW

No comments:

Post a Comment