Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Negative reactions in public to weight loss

In 2020 I (25f) took myself on a health and fitness journey and managed to lose 30kgs (~65lbs). I did it through improving my diet and regular exercise which I still maintain to this day. I lost the bulk of the weight in the first year and then about 6/7kgs in the most recent year.

At first I had a lot of positive attention for family and friends saying how much happier and healthier I looked, and it was true, I really did manage to turn my life around.

I’m currently sitting at 170lbs and I know that this is by no means thin but I do have good muscle definition in the back, shoulders, arms, legs and glutes. My mid section had always been a struggle as I am quite soft in the tummy area, some of which is loose skin due to the lose, however I really don’t care so much about this area now and embrace it rather than hide it.

I’ve noticed in recent months that I get a lot of women looking me up and down and it’s been making me really uncomfortable. All I can imagine them thinking is “oh god look at her, she really shouldn’t be wearing that”. I would consider myself thick fit, I never want to be super skinny. Being strong is way more attractive me to. But I don’t know if this is offending people in public.

I recently started a new job and a lot of women in the office look and up and down and make it very obvious. I am an Australia size 12 and like to dress in a gothic style of clothing. Are they offended, impressed, jealous, curious? I have no idea…. But it makes me self conscious almost as much as I was before my weight loss

submitted by /u/Timeforbed807
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/knI0ptY

No comments:

Post a Comment