Thursday, May 5, 2022

Not losing the weight I want….

Alright to start off- 23yr/old female, 185lbs, athletic build. so I have been steadily working out for the past 9 months, 7 months ago I added weight training. I’ve always been active (as a nurse, my job demands it) and was previously working out 3-5x a week, but just for the enjoyment/staying in the routine. Not focusing on my diet then, just trying to be mindful of my choices. 7 months ago, I started weight training 5x a week and cardio at least 3 times a week. Now, for about 3 months I’ve been added as much cardio and extra walking I can get in per day, still weight training about 4x a week (legs M,W,F arms T, Th) and watching my calories- I feel like I’m seeing no progress. I’m eating in a deficit of about 1500cal/day, and making cardio a priority over weights. If my day allows I also try to do my cardio fasted so my body taps into those fat stores. I know weight loss is a process and I know that I should give it more time, but I’m getting discouraged that I’m putting in all this work and not seeing results I’d like. The scale has barely moved, which I know from adding the weight training I’m gaining muscle and I should take measurements instead, but it’s still extremely discouraging. Should I give it more time? Anything else I can add in? I’m getting exhausted doing some form of cardio daily (past 2 months have been 60 min a day) and weights 5x a week, I love working out but this is taking so much time out of my day for what seems to be such little results. Maybe I need a deload week or few rest days to get my mindset back?

submitted by /u/lilred031
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Ksw2vCg

No comments:

Post a Comment