Thursday, July 4, 2019

Cutting off family due to weight comments. Extreme? Has anyone else done it?

It’s July 4th and I’m inside the house, in my bathing suit, crying. My boyfriend and I went to a big family pool side BBQ and yet again, aunts, uncles and cousins make mean comments about my weight in the name of “humor”. I loaded my plate with veggies, chicken and a little mac and cheese and was told to load up more on “the good stuff” followed by “come on we all know that tummy didn’t come for eating al the veggies don’t be shy”. Others laughed of course and more comments were made to add on to the “joke”.

I’m sick of crying at every holiday and family event. And sure, I shouldn’t have gained so much weight but people shouldn’t be so fucking mean and if they are I don’t want them in my life. The only family who doesn’t make me feel bad about my weight are my parents (they make comments but out of concern not to make fun of me). I’m over it. Has anyone gone no contact with family over stuff like this? Did you explain yourself when you skipped out on holidays or provide a generic “other plans” reason? Has your self esteem improved?

Side note: is this the right sub for posts like this? Or is there a more appropriate sub for all the emotional / social factors of weight and weight loss? Happy to remove if it doesn’t belong .

submitted by /u/orangepirateb8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Yxnuzz

No comments:

Post a Comment