Sunday, January 2, 2022

I am so annoyed I gained weight over the pandemic. Almost 15lbs.

It was first only 2-3lb. Then a solid 5lb. Then 8lb. Then 10lb. Now I'm standing at almost 15lb gained.

I just can't believe how it crept on me.

Thinking back on it, I think this is how I let go:

  • I stopped weighing myself. It used to keep me accountable and help me make healthier choices. Since I stopped, I was effectively burying my head in the sand.

  • I stopped thinking about my meals. It wasn't about a healthy lifestyle anymore. I just wanted to numb myself, and I wish I just had ate at maintenance instead of thinking "a few extra meals/pounds won't hurt".

  • I stopped following healthy food and fitness Instagram/YouTube accounts. I even stopped coming here on r/LoseIt and various other threads. This meant, I had no positive influences that would help me prioritise healthy, balanced eating and lifestyle.

  • I stopped believing in myself. I'm not sure why, but I think I honestly felt a strong feeling of "Fuck it. Why bother. What's the point?" This is still a feeling I'm trying to move through. I'm at a point where it feels like this weight is never going to come off, but it's exactly this type of thinking that got me here so I need to reverse it.

So my plan going forward is this:

  • I am going to weigh myself daily. I won't expect the scale to move down every single day, but purely for accountability so I can see the trajectory of my actions and my weight.

  • I am going to plan every single meal. No more mindless eating, or mindless grocery shopping. No food is going into my mouth until it's tracked first. I need to be at a healthy calorie deficit weekly. No more guesstimating.

  • I am going to start following healthy food blogs and weightloss/fitness content creators again. I will actively seek out weight loss story and fitness journey videos to keep me inspired.

  • I am going to tell myself everyday that I deserve to look great, feel great and be at a healthy BMI again. I need to truly love myself, even as I am right now. I need to begin to believe in myself again, and I don't know where or how to start on this, but I just need to keep going.

  • I will also be joining the January Challenge on r/LoseItChallenges. It's been a few years since I've done the last one. I really want and need to stay accountable!

Thank you for reading, and if you have a similar story and have tips to share on how you got back on track after post-pandemic weight gain, I'd love to hear it.

Hope you are all doing well and sending lots of well wishes to your weight loss and fitness journeys! 💪

submitted by /u/yahaha__
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3FQK37Z

No comments:

Post a Comment