Friday, March 4, 2022

I had been consistently losing weight for a year. Why am I suddenly gaining weight again?

A year ago, I weighed 203 pounds. A month ago, I weighed 166 pounds. I’ve been 174 for the past week. Luckily, it seems fairly stable, but I’m still trying to figure out what could’ve caused it.

I think most of the weight loss can be attributed to diet. My diet a year ago was pretty awful. I probably had pizza four days a week and had desserts nearly as often. The diet I’ve tried to stick to since then is that I only eat for protein or veggies, not carbs or sugar. Bread on my sandwich or whatever is fine, but I don’t just snack on carbs or really ever eat sweets. I’m also vegetarian. The rationale is that it’s usually a lack of protein that’s making me hungry, so by eating carb-heavy food, I’m stocking up on calories without getting fuller.

I think over time I’ve only gotten better at sticking to that diet and I’ve found healthier meals within it. I can’t think of any major changes this month that would cause weight gain. I guess I might be eating more sodium (soy sauce)?

Exercise could also be a factor. I usually go running every other week. The inly change there is that I’m able to run faster and further now. I also recently started a little strength training. Just like daily pushups/squats/etc for no more than 10 mins. I suppose I could have gained muscle weight, but I doubt it accounts for eight pounds.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/jsully245
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Ku8I57g

No comments:

Post a Comment