Friday, April 8, 2022

I'm sick of the "Don't compliment weight loss" culture that has reared its ugly head.

There's been a pretty prevalent push (at least online) where I have read comments from people complimenting a person's weightloss and then replies giving them shit because "what if that person is sick." "What if this" "what if that".

I'm firmly in the camp that I am happy to hear compliments or comments on my weight loss or how "good/thin/skinny/fit" I look. If I've been working my ass off to get in shape it makes my whole life to hear a friend or family member who I havemt seen in a while say something positive about it!

I am a person who likes and appreciates the external validation and its fucking annoying that the social norm corrections train is rolling through Complimentsville.

Complimenting someone's fitness and weight should NOT be a taboo when obesity has become so normalized in society. I'm all for keeping weight compliments around and not shaming them out of existence.

"Have you lost weight? You look fantastic!" shouldn't be met with "You cant say that!". I earnestly believe the only people mad about it probably haven't stepped on a scale lately or are part of the "HAES" fallacy and believe being overweight and obese is normal and not damaging to your health.

Bring back skinny compliments!

submitted by /u/dearthofkindness
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/uZlP8Vp

No comments:

Post a Comment