Friday, May 6, 2022

What keeps you motivated when you feel you aren't losing weight fast enough?

Longtime lurker, first time poster. 29F|SW:372|CW: 347|GW:170??

I got a bit of a scare at my annual physical back in February where my blood work showed that I was in the pre-diabetes range. I have been overweight all my life, hovering around 250-300 pounds during my teens and early 20's, but have never had any health problems arise from it. With that test result showing me I'm not immune to health problems, I made the conscious decision to actually do what I've been trying to do almost my whole life, lose a significant amount of weight, keep it off and get back in a normal A1C range.

I stepped on the scale for the first time in a while on February 15, 2022, and I was shocked that my weight had ballooned to 372. It's the heaviest I ever weighed. I started counting my calories and stopped getting fast food for lunch at work. I replaced them with meals I get from a local meal prep restaurant and my wife and I started cooking more from home for dinner. I make choices to get up and walk around more and do some exercise here and there. Back in the Fall, I was formally diagnosed with depression and started taking anti-depressants and they have helped me feel more productive. With those things alone, I've managed to lose 25 pounds.

My current frustration is coming from the fact that I have been hovering between 344-347 pounds over the past 3 weeks and it's starting to make me feel discouraged and lose the momentum I had. The negative thoughts of "this is going to end up with you quitting just like you always do" and "i thought this time i could do it for real", Keep circulating and while i haven't given up, it has put me in a pretty bad mood on top of all the crazy stuff going on in the U.S. right now. I want to do this so badly but I'm frustrated with myself for how much I let myself go and gave myself such a long finish line to reach. I don't want to miss out on things in life or have my life negatively altered because of my weight.

I'm pretty much rambling at this point, but I guess my question is what do you when you start to feel discouraged with your weight loss? Especially when there is so much going on in the world right now that all you want to do is stay in bed and eat whatever you feel like.

submitted by /u/International_Hall
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/CzsekIF

No comments:

Post a Comment