Saturday, August 6, 2022

How do you deal with the « you lost so much, wow » comments?

I changed my lifestyle in the last year and lost 75 pounds (34kg) since then. Of course, it’s a visible change (woman, 5.7 inches) and even if I still have a way to go to be at my gw, I’m proud of the work I have done to change my mindset about my body and relationship with food. That being said, when people see me after a while I get « impressed » comments and always feel happy yet sad. Today someone (a friend that a friend brought over) heard the friend talk about the big weight loss and the other person was all « whaaaattt this is so huge, congrats for this, this is impressive! Hey do you have a picture of you last year? » and I was like, seriously why would I want to show a person my body so you can say how bad it was and how it’s great that it changed?? I still met my awesome SO at this weight, made my way in grad school (still a phd student) and Im proud of all I did, that body even served me well. I’m glad of the work but also feel weird about the comments. How do you deal with those?

submitted by /u/579red
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/arYWUio

No comments:

Post a Comment