Friday, November 4, 2022

What tips or tricks have you used in terms of holding yourself accountable?

First time posting here but have been following for a while. I’m a 26 year old male, I’ve always struggled with my weight since I was a child. I played sports all my life through high school and could justify my size because I was a lineman in football and wrestled heavyweight in wrestling.

Once I got into college and wasn’t playing sports anymore and also struggled some with mental health, my weight skyrocketed. Since then, I’ve probably had a dozen failed attempts of losing weight. My highest being about 315 lbs my freshman year of college, and lowest being about 250 my senior year of college.

I’m 6’1 and I just stepped on the scale the other day and it said 304 lbs. I went and signed up at Planet Fitness last Sunday and got up at 5 am Monday morning to go workout and I went every morning this week and lost 5 pounds.

I want to keep this progress up and get down to a healthy weight and stay there, and I’m determined to do so but past attempts tell me it’s going to be very hard. Motivation to not only get to the gym but to workout hard when I get there, and the discipline to not fall back into my binge eating habits have and will always be the hardest part.

So, my long winded question is - how have you guys successfully held yourselves accountable? I’ve always been athletic and I know I’m capable, I just struggle with accountability and discipline.

I’ve honestly thought about maybe getting some sort of tattoo for every 10 pounds I lose or something like that, because it would be permanent and also a constant reminder to keep going. Also, it would look pretty silly of me to have tattoos for weight loss and then gain back the weight and have to explain that to someone who asks what they’re for, which would be motivating as well. I don’t have any tattoos currently but I’ve been wanting something for a while - I just haven’t been able to think of anything I want on my body that bad but this would definitely count.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for reading if you read this far and thanks for your suggestions and help in advance.

submitted by /u/Swimming-Cream7389
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/lKGmLX1

No comments:

Post a Comment