Thursday, February 2, 2023

Should I diet break as planned or keep on going?

I started to diet with /r/MacroFactor on Jan 1. My original plan was to cycle my dieting by eating at a deficit for 5w and then eating at maintenance for 2w. My reasoning is that I have way to far to go to just try to lose it all in one go without burning out. Diet breaks would have the following advantages:

  1. Psychological break from eating at a deficit.
  2. Gives me a third option between a deficit and a surplus.
  3. Gives me practice in keeping off the weight.

I've lost almos 6lbs over almost 5w so far. I'm coming up on the 5w mark this weekend. Now I'm doubting the wisdom of the plan and want to keep my momentum and just keep going. But I also don't want to wait until I'm burnt out before diet breaking but would rather prevent burnout before it happens. I don't want to lose momentum but also want to make sure my weight loss is sustainable long-term. What do you all think?

submitted by /u/dneal12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/602S8bx

No comments:

Post a Comment