Friday, January 7, 2022

SV - 33M 6'2" SW 320 CW 197 GW 187

TL;DR In november 2020 i was 145 kg, today i'm at 89 kg and i feel way better. Used IF and CICO with 1500 calories a day, downed to 1200 when i reached 100 kg. Light training at home at first, then weight training at gym.

Hello everyone, i just wanted to share my self victory because for the first time i'm proud of myself. More than a year ago, around November 2020, i reached my absolute worst and peaked at 320 pounds (145kg). I was obese and miserable, then one day i have an epiphany. I was having a video call with some friends (covid restriction forced us at home) and looking at myself in the webcam hitted me harder than normal. I thought "my friends look beautiful and i'm not, can i be like them?" After that evening i started my weight loss journey.

I didn't have any guide or goals at first, i just wanted to feel better with myself, but at the same time the diets i did in the past always ended in failures. This time i wanted to succeed and after some researches i found about CICO and IF. Never done that before but it seemed doable so i tried it. At first it was hard, i'll not deny that. I was hungry and tired all the time but i manage to get through, i wanted to be better for myself.

At the beginning i was super afraid of the scale, i avoided that damn thing because i didn't want to check my weight and found out i wasn't doing good. So i waited three weeks, after that i discover i was already 3kg (around 6 pounds i think) down. It felt good. So i asked to myself "well, if i achieve this in 3 weeks only with diet, what can i do with some exercises too?". I didn't want to hit the gym immediatly because i felt i was too fat to do that. Fortunately I hade a cyclette at home and statrted with that. I was slow but steady, i did at least 20 minutes every day by puttin it in the front of the tv and biking while binging some series.

Weeks became months and my weight loss kept going, i tracked my intake very precisely and the results were clear: i was doing good. After 6 months i finally found out the courage to hit the gym and it helped a lot to keep going on: suddenly i found new goals. Eating healthier and going to the gym wasn't just a chore, it was a pleasure.

Now a year and something has passed and i still can't believe i much i have achieved, when i started i thought i would last maximum a couple of months. Now my goals are a lot more achievable, i can doo it. And if i can do it, i really think everyone can.

As i said, just to point out what i did during this year, my daily routine was this:

-16:8 fasting with CICO, a daily intake of 1500 calories (downed to 1200 in the last two months)

- Very light training in the first six months, biking for 20 minutes a day (increasing by 5 miinutes every 2 weeks)

- Gym exerrcise with weights after 6 months while doing IF and CICO.

From my journey a learned a lot of things: first and foremost loose skin is a real thing (still having that, still working on it); willpower is super duper important, you have to believe in yourself and not be discouraged. Bad days happend to everyone, never use that as an excuse to quit the weight loss. It's worth to keep going on!

Sorry for my terrible english but i really wanted to celebrate my results, i really hope everyone is doing good!

submitted by /u/LtVanHouten
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qcQRHX

No comments:

Post a Comment