Saturday, February 5, 2022

Choosing recovery

Hi - I'm just starting out here and I guess I'm looking to start a discussion and seek some support by sharing my experiences. A little over 3 years ago, I hit rock bottom in my addiction to drugs and alcohol. I didn't have a home, or a job, or any real prospects. I had a criminal record. I was super sick, traumatised and suicidal. I have a history of mental illness including eating disorders. Fast forward to today, I'm in a much better place. I've been clean and sober for 3 years, I do regular therapy and see a dietitian. I have a great career, and my relationships are much better. But. In the process of my recovery, I've gained about 125 pounds. I binge a lot, restrict a bit and overall struggle with food. I am so grateful for my recovery and where I am, but my weight and the eating problem makes me feel suicidal at times. I'm sick of making myself feel so bad in this one area of my life. I'm ready to make a change. I'm getting set up with my gym program and I'm quite excited, plus a regular plan of healthy eating. I'd love to talk to some other people with similar experiences, especially massive weight gain in recovery, binge eating, and significant weight loss whilst taking great care of your mind.

submitted by /u/Wedorecover136
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UJFqrR3

No comments:

Post a Comment