Sunday, March 6, 2022

I want to hear about how people got started on their weight loss journey.

Heya. So I hardly ever post or comment on anything on Reddit, but this sub has been inspiring to me. I'm hoping that some people may be able to share some of the things they did on day one that helped them get started on their weight loss journey?

Losing weight has always been difficult for me. I'm a 6ft male and back in 2018 at my peak I believe I weighed somewhere around the mid 260s (lbs). I graduated from college in 2019 and started my career and I actually dropped a ton of weight. It felt like it just melted off while reaching my lowest weight ever at 215 in early 2020. Of course then COVID hit and my routine got really messed up. At the time I had roommates that I think were a big part of getting me active and motivated before the pandemic but we didn't see eye to eye on how to handle things and I moved into a single apartment. Fast forward through quarantine which was unfortunately full of anxiety and depression (from which I have always struggled) and I have now found myself in 2022 at a weight of 281.

I'm at a point now where I know I can't keep making excuses. I need to make a change but I'm struggling to get started. It's this weird situation now where I'm so ashamed that I avoid going out which obviously means I'm even less active. When I am trying to be active I get ashamed that I can't do the same things I could do at 215lbs and I just stop. I get so in my head about it, I actually turn to more food to cope (and this has unfortunately been a coping mechanism for me since I was very young). I don't know how many people here have been in a similar situation but it's a nasty spiral I need to get myself out of....

So.... Here I am. Again, I'd love to hear from people on how they got themselves started on their journey. If there's anyone who's been in a similar spiral like what I'm in now I'd love to hear how you got out.

Thanks 🙏❤️

submitted by /u/meaningless-ad
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1eVI2EJ

No comments:

Post a Comment