Monday, April 4, 2022

Partner gaining more weight

So we (20's M and F) both have been trying to lose weight for a long time and I'll be the first to admit that I'm not perfect either. This year has been stressful for us both and he has always been incredibly supportive of me and my weight loss attempts/discussion. But recently I've been getting worried about the direction he's going in.

I am very upfront about my eating issues and talk often about weighing myself, calorie counting, and overeating. He supports me but believes that his issues aren't about overeating. He also isn't really active unless its with me. Overall he seems to prefer when we both do our own thing about weight loss and I know that me talking about my efforts too much stresses him out.

With that context: the last four months he has gained a lot of weight. He already struggles with cardiovascular and respiratory issues. I know he is "trying" but I think he doesn't understand how much he's eating and how little he is active. But I also know it doesn't really help when I talk about it and it just stresses him out.

I love him and I'm attracted to him and I'm committed to our relationship. I also don't want to micromanage his life or worry him. But I can't help but worry about his health.

My current plan: whenever we feel like getting take-out offering to make dinner instead, cooking healthy meals in small portions when its my turn to cook, and to keep inviting him on walks with me. But these are things I've been trying for months already

Please, how to help my partner without becoming controlling or stressing him out? Or should I just chill about his journey, focus on my own, and assume he'll figure it out on his own?

submitted by /u/throwawy4advce
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dWKBMl7

No comments:

Post a Comment