Tuesday, August 9, 2022

The hardest thing to learn when losing weight is PATIENCE

I hate the fact that you won't see results right away. I hate that you can be eating right but still only see a little change on the scale. I know, I know, weightloss should be slow and steady. That's what I am doing, I swear. But still I hate it.

I trying to learn to be patient, to not be too harsh on myself and to not hate my body while I am losing the weight. I am only 3 kg from a healthy BMI (I gained back about 15 kg) and I will probably be in a normal BMI by mid to end of september (I am also very short, so weight loss is about 0.5 kg a week), but still I wish I would see results right away. I know that's not how it works and if I could see a magic ball that tells me I will be there at that date I think I would be fine. I am learning to trust the process and not the result. I am learning to be patient and kind to myself. I am learning that forming healthy habits (again) is more important than losing the weight. I am not putting a date on when I have to lose a certain amount of weight, but I am putting goals of staying within my calories, doing a half an hour of exercise every day and being mindful of what I am eating without cutting out all the things I love (like chocolate or tiramisu).

BUT STILL I HATE THAT IT GOES SO SLOW. Especially because a year ago I used to about 6 to 7 kg lighter and I wouldn't have had to lose this much. I will see it as a learning experience. I lost weight once before and the weight I am at now is actually the lowest I was that time, so I guess it's progress that now I am stopping myself at this point and was able to maintain it. I have thus installed some healthy habits that have been beneficial to me and now I am ready to create more.

Learning that patience is a good thing, and that it's not about quick and fast results, but about sustainable and long-term habits.

submitted by /u/NotKeepingUp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pt6GjCH

No comments:

Post a Comment