Monday, February 6, 2023

Losing weight without keto for the first time in 8 years!

After gaining/losing the same 20 pounds 4-5 times over the last 8 years with keto, I am so happy that I have broken the pattern and am eating/exercising in a way that feels sustainable. During my 8 years of keto weight loss attempts (and years of other half-assed attempts before that), I'd get about 10-15 lbs from my goal weight, give up on keto, and eventually regain most of the weight. Off keto, I would mostly eat foods that were healthy (I love oatmeal, beans/grains, yogurt, and salads), but I now realize I was just eating too damn much of it!

After indulging too much over the summer and into the holidays I was heavier than I'd been in 5 years. So right after the new year, I got back into keto AGAIN, losing about 10 lbs in three weeks. Instead of feeling good, I felt ashamed because I realized that it had become the only tool I had, and that the weight loss wouldn't last unless I changed my habits.

Coincidently, around this same time my work announced that we could get a Noom subscription for free through our health insurance. Within 10 minutes of reading the email I was registered and have been diligently reading the lessons, staying in my calorie range, and exercising several times a week. The first couple weeks on Noom I continued following a keto diet while hitting my calorie goals, then over 2 weeks started incorporating carbs. As soon as I started eating more carbs, my weight shot up a couple pounds, then hovered for 2 weeks. During that time, I focused on the habits, not the scale. I am now in slow, steady, weight loss territory again and couldn't be more thrilled. I'm SO happy to be eating the foods I like again and feeling like I'm in control. I feel like this is the change I've been waiting for.

submitted by /u/Kitten_Mittens
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Wwmvf4g

No comments:

Post a Comment